Welcome to Your Heritage Church
Heritage Church is a group of real people with real lives. We are connected by our passion for people and for God. We would love to have you as our guest. We know you have many choices in churches; we truly value your presence. In order to make your visit more comfortable, please read our FAQs below. If you would like to speak to a pastor, click here.
At Heritage we strive to help people do four simple things:
KNOW - Know God, Know Others, Know Yourself
GROW - Grow Emotionally, Grow Mentally, Grow Spiritually
GO - Go Be You, Go Lead, Go Serve
PASS IT ON - Pass on the love you have found
KNOW. GROW. GO. PASS IT ON.
WHEN SHOULD I ARRIVE?
We have two identical contemporary services at 9:30 & 10:45. Check out our hospitality counter to grab free coffee and snacks; Cheez-its are a crowd favorite! We'd be glad to give you a quick tour to show you where the bathrooms and Heritage Kids area are located.
WHAT DO I WEAR?
Dress like you. There's no expectations related to clothing. Most people choose to dress casually. It is the weekend.
WHAT'S A SERVICE LIKE?
Here's what happens during a typical worship service:
- Once the countdown on the screen hits 0:00, we'll sing a song or two. Our band is awesome, so feel free to join in at any time.
- Some people sing at the top of their lungs (recommended...where else do you get to do that in public?), some raise their hands, some pray, some just sit and enjoy the music. You do whatever feels natural to you.
- At one point, we'll invite the kids who wish to be dismissed to our awesome kids program, Heritage Kids. (Pre-K through 5th grade). Feel free to walk them to class if you choose; you'll pick them up after the service. We promise, your kids will have a great time; however, your children are also welcome to stay in the service with you.
- One or more of our pastors will share a challenging, Biblically-based message to help you to grow in your faith and remind you of God's unconditional love for you. We will also share next steps you can take to grow in your relationship with God and others.
- The whole service typically lasts about an hour.
WHAT IF MY BABY CRIES?
Being a new parent is exhausting and sometimes you feel you're barely hanging on (don't worry, most people survive). You and your baby are always welcome in the service. To us, babies = life, so pardon us if we fuss over your baby or make silly faces. If you're ready for it, our Nursery is clean, modern, inviting, and staffed with caring workers who will take great care of your child. (You can also change a dirty diaper there.) If your baby begins to embarrass you, feel free to step into the lobby and watch the service on the monitor until your child calms down. No one will judge you one way or the other; we love parents and babies!
WHAT ABOUT MY KIDS?
After the first song or two, we invite younger kids (pre-K through 5th grade) to go to an age-appropriate class. We use Orange children's curriculum, which provides games, music, crafts, Bible stories, and small group experiences. Our Heritage Kids team is dedicated to providing a safe, fun, and educational experience for your child. For your peace of mind, volunteers undergo a national background check and a six month waiting period before they are allowed to work with kids 18 and under. Info?
DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING FOR older kids?
All youth (6th-12th grade) tend to stay in service on Sundays, as they find the messages completely understandable and applicable to their lives. We also encourage parents to discuss the messages with their youth. Our youth also meet on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00 where they experience fun, faith, and friends. Info?
DO I HAVE TO GIVE money?
Nope. Our offerings are for people who consider Heritage their church home. The service is our gift to you. Please don't feel pressured to give. Offerings of cash and checks are taken at the door at the end of the service or electronically on our secure site. Info?